MA Arts in Ballet, ARAD, AIDTA, Tdip, RAD PTS
Letter from Artistic Director
The quality of teaching and the inovating techniques used in the class enrich the knowledge and the confidence of our students. The exams, qualifications and remarkable awards are tailored for further study in Greece and abroad.
Awards and Notable Events
One of our Advanced students following a successful audition decides to study at the Royal Academy of Dance
Our school won the first prize in choreography at the international dance festival, Competition de la Dansa in the town of Majiori in Italy
One of our Advanced students was selected to attend dance seminars at the London Children Ballet
One of our Advanced students was selected to attend dance seminars at the English National Ballet
Our competitive team ‘Hooligangs’ won second place at the National Hip-Hop competition
Our competitive team ‘Hooligangs’ won second place in the Bounce competition
A group of our students aged 7 – 21 years old enjoyed appearing in the international dance competition at Disneyland, Paris. Moreover, following three selective auditions, our students took part in a parade through Disney’s park and put on their own performance on the stage of Disneyland Performing Arts. Our school had the honour of being the first and only representation from Greece
One of our Advanced students was selected to attend the Intensive Summer Programme at the Royal Conservatory of Scotland
A team of our students participated to New Dance Prague Festival and competition and was awarded rwo prizes:
-3rd place in choreography, for a character dance 'Tarantella'
-Dance Hand award, for the progression and the team work throughout the competition
Advanced student of our school following a successful audition accepted to study at the Boston Ballet School as part of the summer schools
Advanced student of our school following a successful audition accepted to study at the Elmhurst Ballet School as part of the summer schools
We provide access to:
- Audiovisual material – there is a wealth of dance related material such as books, periodicals, videos and DVDs, both in Greek and in English.
- Participation in classical ballet examinations at all levels, from beginners to advanced, organised by the Royal Academy of Dance in London. The exams take place at our school where we welcome examiners from all over the world. The certificates awarded include detailed analysis of marks attained, the title of the course and are valid for further international study.
- Participation in Ballet and Theatrical Dance exams for per-school children. Participation in exams in Theatrical Dance with emphasis both on children’s Musical Theatre and teenage/adult levels of the International Dance Teachers Association. The examiners come from abroad and successful participants are awarded with commemorative plaques, certificates and/or medals.
- Participation in dance competitions and festivals in Greece and abroad. Participation in dance seminars where the quality and level of work are assessed and future development is considered.
- Participation in our school performances, Galas and shows in Greece and abroad.
- Preparation for Higher Professional Schools of Dance in Greece and international auditions in schools, colleges and universities.
- Supervision and guidance for distance-learning programmes of further and higher education run by the Royal Academy of Dance.